Garuda Publications was set up in January 2010 with the aim of helping people pass the Life in the UK Test. Our first title ‘The Life in the UK Test Handbook: in Thai and English’ published in June 2010 focused on the need to make the official study materials accessible to Thai speakers. In 2011 we published the first edition of our main (English only) handbook.
Changes to the official study material in March 2013 led to our 2nd edition ‘The Life in the UK Test Handbook: in Thai and English‘, ISBN 978095657834 – published September 2014 – up to date for current tests. Shortly afterwards we produced a second Kindle edition of our Life in the UK Test Handbook (English only)- published November 2014 – which remains up to date for current tests. In June 2015 we published a new guide for the Vietnamese community – “The Life in the UK Test Handbook: in Vietnamese and English”, ISBN 978095657858. Shortly afterwards we made this title available on Kindle.
2016 sees the launch of the 3rd edition of our The Life in the UK Test Handbook and a Practice Questions and Answers title (see below)
Customers increasingly told us that they wanted to be able to study for the Life in the UK Test Online using their computers, mobiles and tablets. In December 2015 we therefore developed an interactive E-learning course that enabled them to do just that. Fully interactive this innovative course works on PCs, tablets and mobiles.
The British passport interview
One of our first videos on the Garuda Publications YouTube Channel was about the questions asked at the interview for a British passport. The video remains popular. With so many people seemingly concerned about the interview in 2016 we produced a short guide to help – “The British Passport Interview: a concise guide”.
Practice questions and answers
Having developed our e-learning course for the Life in the UK Test placed us in the position of having a large bank of questions and answers for the test. In March 2016 we took the decision to make 600 of those questions available in the form of 25 Practice Tests on Kindle. In October 2016 we launched a paperback version to accompany our new colour handbook (see below).
The Life in the UK Test Handbook, 3rd edition
We have now brought our main guide completely up to date with a brand new colour, 3rd edition launched October 2016. With more illustrations and more extensive revision material than ever before we believe that this book will help many more people pass the Life in the UK Test.
List of services
- The Life in the UK Test Handbook: essential independent guide on the test for ‘Settlement in the UK’ and ‘British Citizeship’, Oct 2016, ISBN 9780956573889
- Practice Questions and Answers for the Life in the UK Test, Oct 2016, ISBN 9780956573872
- Practice Questions and Answers for the Life in the UK Test (Kindle), Mar 2016
- The British Passport Interview: A Concise Guide (Kindle), Feb 2016
- The Life in the UK Test E-learning course – for PCs, tablets and mobiles, Dec 2015
- The Life in the UK Test Handbook: in Vietnamese and English, Jun 2015, ISBN 9780956573858
- The Life in the UK Test Handbook: Valid for tests in 2015 (Kindle Edition, English only), Nov 2014
- The Life in the UK Test Handbook: in Thai and English 2nd edition, Sep 2014, ISBN 9780956573834
- The Life in the UK Test Handbook (English only), Jul 2011, ISBN 9780956573810 together with its Kindle version
- The Life in the UK Test Handbook in Thai and English, Jun 2010, ISBN 9780956573803
Garuda Publications briefing
Ifyou would like to receive occasional updates on the services of Garuda Publications and developments related to the Life in the UK Test please sign up for our Email briefing here
For all other enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org